Notification of Your Rights under Title VI
TCATA fully complies with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related statutes and regulations in all programs and activities. TCATA operates without regard to race, color, national origin, creed, income, gender, age, and disability.
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related statutes (as amended) prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, creed or age in programs and activities receiving Federal financial assistance. Specifically, Title VI provides that "no person in the United States shall, on the ground of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance"(42 U.S.C. Section 2000d).
Twin Cities Area Transportation Authority is responsible for initiating and monitoring Title VI activities, and all other responsibilities as required by 23 Code of Federal Regulation 200 and 49 Code of Federal Regulation 21.
Any person who believes him/herself, or any specific class of persons, to be subject to discrimination prohibited by Title VI may by him/herself or by a representative file a written complaint with TCATA.
A complaint must be filed no later than 180 days after the date of the alleged discrimination and contain the following information:
- Name, address, and phone number of the Complainant
- Name, address, phone number and relationship of Representative to Complainant (if applicable)
- Basis of complaint (e.g., race, color, national origin)
- Date of alleged discriminatory act(s)
- Date complaint received by TCATA
- A statement of the complaint, including specific details, relevant facts, and documentation
Once a complaint has been received, they are processed by the following:
- The complainant will be contacted within 48 hours by phone, mail, or email
- The complaint is ticketed and processed by the Title VI officer
- Internal review is conducted within one week of receipt of the complaint
- The complainant will be contacted a second time following the internal review with regard to the findings and necessary actions taken by TCATA.