Home Mobility Resources
Depending upon your lifestyle, various transportation options and other non-traditional resources can keep you connected to all of your activities. When investigating your options, there are a few things to consider in order to make a confident decision about which options are best for you.
Consider the following questions based on type of transportation provider and then be sure to visit the links to the left to find resources tailored to your specific situation:
- What, if any, requirements are there to qualify for the service?
- Is any evaluation needed prior to using the service?
- Are rides provided for wheelchair users or other persons with disabilities?
- If needed, can a family member serve as an escort?
- What is the cost of the service?
- Are discounts available?
- How are costs calculated?
- Is there a membership fee?
- Is my income a factor for using this service?
- Can an account be set up in advance with the service?
- Will my insurance pay for rides by this service provider?
- What is the service area?
- What times does the service operate?
- Are door-though-door, door-to-door, or curb-to-curb services provided?
- Is a reservation needed, and how far in advance?
- Are rides provided in the evenings, on weekends, or on holidays?
- Are rides provided to social as well as medical or shopping appointments?
- Will driver provide assistance with packages and other carry-ons?
- Are vehicles wheelchair accessible?
- If other passengers will be riding at the same time, what is the maximum length of time of the ride while others are being picked up or dropped off?