Van Buren Public Transit
Van Buren Public Transit is a public, not-for-profit transportation agency providing curb-to-curb service to anyone. Service is available to everyone in Van Buren County for work, education, medical or day- to- day activities.
Per Governor Whitmer's Executive Order 2020-59, Van Buren Public Transit is requiring all riders to wear a face mask covering their nose and mouth. Our drivers are also required to wear face masks. Face masks can be home-made, a scarf, bandanna, or handkerchief.
Announcement: Due to the current situation and to help maintain the safety of the public and our drivers, Transit is suspending both the Concord Loop in Paw Paw and the Metro Loop in South Haven until further notice, effective April 2, 2020. We are still offering dial-a-ride service in both areas. Please call 269-427-7921 to schedule a ride and please stay safe.
We are an essential service providing transportation for medical appointments and pharmacies; for grocery shopping and employment.
We encourage our Public Transit riders to practice good hygiene through the following steps:
• Always cover coughs or sneezes with a tissue or sleeve.
• Avoid close contact with people who may be sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and warm water are not available.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces (computers, keyboards, desks, etc.).
Our staff continues to disinfect, clean and wipe down frequently touched surfaces on our buses and in our facility.
What We Believe...
We believe that all people are entitled to live as independently as possible within their life circumstances. We believe that freedom of movement is a fundamental necessity in our society. We believe that everybody counts, regardless of age, health or income, and has a contribution to make to the community in which they live.