Berrien Bus Local Advisory Council
You are invited to attend the Local Advisory Council meetings and speak during the "Privilege of the Floor" to the members. The purpose of Berrien County Public Transportation Local Advisory Council (LAC) is to help the Berrien County Board of Commissioners obtain input from riders and the general public on the coordination of public transportation throughout the Berrien Bus service area and programs directly administered by Berrien County Public Transportation.
- Council membership is voluntary and non-paid
- Members serve three year terms
- Members are expected to attend council meetings, generally scheduled between 10 am and noon, 4 times a year, usually on the second Friday in January, April, July, October.
- Members must be willing to review meeting materials prior to meetings.
- All interested individuals must complete a Membership Application which can be found on the Berrien County website.
- At least half of the LAC must be people representing seniors and people with disabilities
Communicating with LAC Members
If you have a concern or issue that you would like to discuss before the next meeting or to arrange to speak to the council. Contact Evan Smith on behalf of the Berrien Bus Local Advisory Council in the following ways:
By phone: 269-983-7111 extension 8350
By Mail: Evan Smith, Transportation Coordinator
Berrien County Administration Center
701 Main St., St. Joseph, MI 49085
BY Email: Evan Smith