Cass County Transit Governance & Funding
Cass County Public Transit is organized under Public Act 196 and is governed by seven appointed officials. All of the members are appointed by the Cass County Transportation Authority. Board meetings are held the second Wednesday of each month at 8:00am at the Cass County Building in Cassopolis.
Location of the Council Meetings
Regular meetings are scheduled on the second Wednesday of the month at 8:00 am at the Cass County Building located at 120 North Broadway Street in Cassopolis. Public transportation is available to meeting site and can be scheduled through Cass County Public Transit.
Public Participation at Meetings
Public comment is always welcome. Please call Cass County Public Transit for more information at (269) 445-2455.
Cass County Public Transit receives funding from several sources: Fares; the State of Michigan; the Federal Transit Administration.
The Audited Financial Report was prepared in accordance with Governmental Auditing Standards. The Report includes the Management's Discussion and Analysis, the Statement of Net Assets, the Statement of Revenues, Expenses and Changes in Fund Net Assets, the Statement of Cash Flows and the Notes to Financial Statements can be found.
- Donald Lyons, Mayor City of Dowagiac
- Rebecca Moore, Southwestern Michigan College
- Vicky Vaughn, Cass County Medical Care Facility/Cass County DHHS
- Robert Ziliak, Cass County Board of Commissioners
- Becky Price, Pokagon Band Tribal Council
- Marilu Franks, Cass County Council on Aging
- Ruth Newton, Woodlands Mental Health